Today there was a happy news for all the fatty-food loving people – Someone found out that saturated fat is not harmful for health. So those who advocated against saturated fat in meat,eggs, junk food and hydrogenated oil have to take a pause…
- Are the saturated fat only in uncooked foods, like eggs, milk and butter, are good for health.
- Are the hydrogenated oil – high is saturated fat – harmless.
- Can we label as healthy, the food cooked in hydrogenated oils like bread, crackers, cereal, macaroni & cheese, frozen pizza, donuts, and cookies.
- The lunchbox should taste good when children have the food at lunch breaks.
- The food packed should be high in nutritious content
- The food should taste like home made food which mama cooks.
- Specialize in some recipes that are tasty and nutritious. Too much of variety in menu will help to gather curious customers, however you can only be retained by highlighting your specialty.
- Prepare the common dishes of that place. If in chennai prepare more of idli, sambar; and upma. Lunchbox preparing companies should understand that they are appointed to provide the kids with food that contains enough nutrients for the growing period. There is no need of exotic dishes!
Potato tricks: A lunch box recipe that every child will to pack to school. Boil potato overnight; and in the morning add some spices to make it tastier. Use the potato base as stuffing for roti and sandwich. Add some tomato sauce, kids will love the combination.
Cottage cheese magic: A lunch box recipe with lot of calcium. Crumble the cottage cheese and add spices as per choice. You can also add chopped tomatoes, onion and capsicum. Use the base as stuffing for sandwich and paneer parantha. Or else, cut the paneer into 1”inch cubes; cook the paneer using paneer butter masala. Instant butter panner mix requires less cooking time.
Egg unlimited: Kids love eggs; and its easy to prepare, tasty and nutritious egg snacks. Sandwich or roti rolls can be made by stuffing boiled and crumbled egg; scrambled egg or omelet. Whip an egg and pour it over the roti in the pan, flip the roti over two or three times, until the egg is cooked well – Egg Parantha is ready!
Minced Chicken: Any dish with a hint of chicken in it, is inviting. Minced chicken can be converted into limitless number of dishes. On a busy morning you can go for a minced chicken stuffed sandwich or roti. Or, if time permits, refrigerate, boiled and drained, noodles overnight; in the morning mix it with shallow fried minced chicken and other ingredient to make chicken chow mein.
Vegetables Cutlets: A play-way method lunch box recipe that will inculcate the habit of eating vegetables. At leisure prepare and refrigerate ready-to-fry vegetable cutlets. In the morning fry the cutlets and place it between bread slice along with cucumber and tomato slices. The vegetables can be sliced and kept before itself.
[sam_ad id=”12″ codes=”true”]
[sam_ad id=”15″ codes=”true”]