- House sparrow: Many articles have been written about the sad disappearance of this friend of children of yesteryear’s childhood days. They used to come home to peck at the grains and mothers showed them to pacify crying children. Now those kids, in their 30’s and 40’s, are running campaigns to save the remaining birds in delhi. There are house sparrows in a large number in a housing colony where a few trees are planted together in a yard. Some bird lovers provide bird food and water.
- Myna: Kids in olden days used to predict coming events depending on the number of myna that they spot. 1 means sadness, 2 mean happiness, 3 means someone is sending letter, and so on. There are a lot of mynas in the park and their future seem to be secure in the city.
- Parrot: They can be spotted mostly when the guavas are ripe. They will have all the guavas in bungalows and then enjoy the cool air by perching on the trees in the park.
- Peacock: Peacocks are mostly found in agricultural fields; sometimes they visit the cities and sit on trees in the park. If you are lucky you can witness the beautiful ‘peacock moment’ – peacock spreading it’s vibrant wings.
- Flower-pecker: She is a frequent visitor to houses with garden, which is smaller than a sparrow and can sit comfortably on a tulsi branch. It’s eggs are as small as lizards eggs and the babies are so small that when four of its babies perch together on a tender tulsi branch, you will mistake it for a big caterpillar. She eats all the bittergourds in the kitchen gardens.
- Crow: One of the birds in delhi that was so common in the olden days, now two or three can be spotted in the park.
- Pigeon: Known as the ‘lice of the city’, they can survive in any situation. They took the place of crow, and other birds in delhi, and literally make a mess of home and public place with their nests and droppings.
- Baya Weaver: The most photogenic variety of birds in delhi; they are colourful, elegant and their perfectly woven nest are tempting enough to be taken home as a show piece. You can spot their nest on the top branches of huge trees in the park.
- White Eared Bulbul: These birds are flycatchers and so their numbers are increasing. they are second in position, among birds in delhi, after the pigeons.
- Pied Cuckoo: This migratory bird can hardly be spotted, however their beautiful songs after rain, brings back nostalgia of one”s native place.
Birds in delhi is hard to spot. A friends said she spotted a crow in her balcony after a decade, her children never watched birds in delhi while growing up. The growing number of building in the city has deprived the children of experiencing the beauty of nature while they are growing up. Read how the saptaparni tree perfumes the air during autumn in Delhi.
Compared to other cities, Delhi has a better green cover; by putting in a little effort you can help your child watch a number of birds in delhi . While visiting the park you will be easily distracted by the activities and the noise of the people, therefore some level of concentration is needed to spot birds in delhi.
Unlike in olden days when there were more birds than leaves on banyan trees, now you can easily count the birds and there are even fewer banyan trees. While walking through the park you will come across different types of birds in delhi that are either residents of the park, migratory birds or visitors. Some of the birds in delhi that can be spotted in the park are as follows:
14 Replies to “10 birds in delhi spotted in parks”
Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for rookie blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.
There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.
Good write-up, I’m normal visitor of one’s site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.
Some really nice stuff on this web site, I like it.
I like this post, enjoyed this one thanks for putting up.
Hello lifestyletodaynews.com webmaster, Your posts are always well received by the community.
To the lifestyletodaynews.com admin, Your posts are always well presented.
Hello lifestyletodaynews.com owner, Your posts are always on point.
Hi lifestyletodaynews.com webmaster, Keep it up!
To the lifestyletodaynews.com webmaster, Thanks for the well-researched and well-written post!
Dear lifestyletodaynews.com administrator, You always provide helpful diagrams and illustrations.
To the lifestyletodaynews.com administrator, Thanks for the well-written and informative post!
Hello lifestyletodaynews.com webmaster, Keep it up!
Pretty portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get actually loved account your weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing in your feeds and even I fulfillment you get right of entry to persistently rapidly.