Aren’t their times when the doctor says that the disease was diagnosed too late! You are confused! You have all the symptoms of some kind of disease, but do not know whether to consult a doctor or not. If the doctor diagnoses a disease then your money was spent right. On the other hand, if the doctor says that the pain was just a feeling out of fear of falling ill, you feel silly! So here’s how to diagnose an ailment, with acupressure points, at home, before consulting a doctor! Read how fasting a powerful therapy to cure diseases in this post.
To know acupressure points for cervical, you have to press the meridian under the big toe (here point 5), if you feel the pain that means you have a cervical problem. Similarly, there are nearly 40 such points on the sole of the foot, and palm, connected to the internal organs. When pressing the point, if you feel a pain, then you has an ailment related the organ connected to this point. Even if you do not know the name of the disease you know which organ is ailing, so press the point for 3 minutes two to three times a day and after some days the pain will disappear. The acupressure points treatment has the origin in China.
|Press point 5 and if there is pain, it mean some kind of cervical problem|
Story behind acupressure points and other touch-and-heal treatments
It is said that in ancient India some people realised that the elephants would settle down quickly when pressure is exerted on certain points behind the ear using sharp objects. Ancient doctors used the same technique on the human. Using such manipulative technique the first surgeon Sushruta sedated the patients before surgery and revived after surgery. In the West treatment similar to acupressure points is known as Reflexology.
How acupressure points cures
‘Acu’ means to remove the toxic materials in the body; acupressure means to apply pressure to remove the waste material from the body. By pressing the points, for a specific time, a number of times a day, the organ will be cured of some common types of ailments. The acupressure points work on the principle that the body has an inbuilt mechanism to revitalise itself and to relieve the organs of some kind of tensions.
Historically all traditional forms of medicine are based on the idea of ‘prevention is better than cure’. If the disease is detected in the early stages, then faster relief can be attained from acupressure points treatment. If the disease is mild then the pain will be reduced in 2 to 3 days. In severe cases, it may take one or two months.
A good thing about acupressure is that you can detect the ailment in its initial stage. When you press the meridian point on the sole or palm you will feel the pain even in the initial stage of the disease. So you can visit a doctor with confidence for further treatment.
Acupressure points of some ailments
- Burns: Strongly massage the middle portion of the front of the wrist.
- Toothache: Every tooth has a corresponding point on a finger. Press the point continuously for three minutes.
- Backache: Massage the point between the index and the middle for some time.
- Chest pain: Keep pressing the middle of the back of the forearm.
- Asthma: Rub from the middle of the chest to the sides for 5 minutes. Then press the joint in the middle of the dip on the neck for 1 minute.
- Constipation: Press the middle of the chin for 5 minutes daily before your morning routine.
- Digestive System: Roll the soles of the feet on a grooved wooden roller for 5 minutes daily to activate the digestive system.
- Acupressure: Treatment is also effective for corns, controlling hunger, obesity, painless childbirth, etc.
However, there are some exceptions where acupressure points treatment may not cure. For instance cancer, large gall stones, mature cataract, and kidney stone.
When you should not use acupressure points:
- Open wound or fractured bone
- Contagious diseases
- Lymph nodes
- Some points during pregnancy